Stick Puppets Supplies
- Craft papers different colours
- Craft sticks
- Black marker
Steps to make puppets
NOTE: The templates can be used the following manner:
- Cut out the finished image and glue to popsicle stick
- cut out individual pieces and use as a template to trace and cut out. the template can be kept and reused
- cut out the individual pieces and use them as the pieces to assemble.
The instructions below are for using the printable as a template.
Step 1 Get Ready
- Before you start, collect all the supplies you’ll need for this craft.
- Be sure you have the template printed out and then cut out each one.
- Let your kids be involved in the process from choosing the paper to cutting and gluing if capable.
Step 2 Egg Puppet
- Trace the Egg onto white or any colour paper you choose ,
- Cut out the dot pieces from various coloured paper: you can use wrapping paper, napkins, magazines…any pretty paper you have on hand.
- Glue dots to egg
- Glue finished egg to popsicle stick
Step 3 Bunny Puppet
- Trace the Bunny onto white paper
- Trace the feet on to brown paper and cut out
- Trace the pads of the paws on pink paper and cut out
- Trace and cut out heart
- Assemble the foot pieces
- Trace the inner ear on to pink paper
- Glue the ears on bunny
- Glue the assembled paw parts on bunny
- cut out face pieces from black paper
- Glue the face pieces on bunny
- Glue finished bunny to a popsicle stick
Step 4 Basket Puppet
- Trace the basket onto brown paper
- Cut out the eggs pieces from various coloured and patterned paper: you can use wrapping paper, napkins, magazines…any pretty paper you have on hand.
- Glue eggs to basket
- Glue finished basket and eggs to popsicle stick
We hope you enjoy putting together your Easter stick puppet craft. Toddlers and preschoolers will have so much fun with this Easter craft – perfect for your favourite Easter storybook.
Just Us Crafting