This is simple craft that you can print for Ridván for kids of all ages to do. This particular craft was put together at the Burlington children class.
This is a small display of the Garden Of Ridván that consists of:
- The tent of Baha’u’llah
- A banner
- a “Happy Ridván” tag
- Some embellishments of your choice.
What you Need
The supplies are very simple, for each display you will need:
- Cut 8.5 x 11 in half cardstock width wise. That means you will have a card that is 8.5 x 5.5. this is your Base. Use my template to print and cut.
- Cut a strip of paper 11″ x 2.5″ This is your tent
- cut a piece of with ribbon or material fo the “carpet”
- Print and cut the Banner
- Print out the “Happy Ridván” tag or write your own
- Print the pattern for the roses or buy from dollar store.
- Embellish with stickers , images from magazines or print and cut images you like such as butterflies, flowers, birds etc.
The Assembly is very easy.
- First take your base that was cut 8.5 x 11 and fold in half so your card is 4.25 x 5.5. open it so that it is 90 degrees, you have a base and a back.
- Take the strip of paper that is for the tent and fold in half so you now have 5.5 x 2.5. Next on each end bend the edges back by 1″ to create a tab. Glue the 1″ tabs on to the base of the card to form a upside down “V” that will be the “tent”
- Put the mat inside the tent.
- stick “Happy Ridván” on base of card
- Glue flowers around the tent
- Glue the banner to the back of the card or use small clips to hold in place
- All any other embellishments you like such as birds, butterflies etc.
Downloads the template in PDF, SVG and PNG here.