At last, I have started the process of creating a brag book from scratch. I must admit that this has been a prolonged process because of how I do things:
My Thinking Process
- I need to look at as many examples as possible,
- Collect the ideas and then sort through them
- Choose my favourite.
- A bit of procrastinating is involved and sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the information out there.
- Eventually, I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I get started.
Looking At examples
So the first step was looking at examples and collecting ideas : I pinned the ideas on Pinterest, great way to get organized! For those of you who want to start this process and are like me, here is my board Mini Album and Brag books
There is maybe duplicates as I did get a bit carried away! I also used youtube to look at tutorials online, there are so many amazing ideas on creating Brag Books!
Once I finished looking at the examples, I figured that what I liked most were brag books with templates pages that can be used in many ways.
Heartfelt creations was one such maker and another was Jen of Eve designs , both of these brag book creators gave me the sense that their templates can be used to create many variations of a brag book.
I liked that Jen of Eve design has templates that can be stored in a binder and when you are ready to make a brag book, you just have to photocopy the pattern onto cardstock and cut it out by hand. There are many who do not own cutting machines like Silhouette Cameo, Circuit, Brother machines etc. and SVG files would be useless.
With Heartfelt Creations, the brag book and all the inserts came precut and you just had to assemble and put your own matting and photos.
Decoration A paper
This is a good time in the planning process to look :
- At what decorative paper you will use and what
- Embellishments and images needed. I use free images from Creative Fabrica that are for personal and commercial use.
- Who is the book for? I am going to make a brag book for a newly wed but the template will be adaptable for any type of brag book.
In my next post, I will start the actual process I went through to make my brag book digital file and PDF version.
Till next time,
Subscribe so you won’t miss a post!
[wpforms id=”1223″ title=”false” description=”false”]